Worth Your Time...4/24/12
Welcome to this week's "Worth Your Time." I hope some of these links and blogs have been helpful for you!
I found this short article to be very, very challenging. If you know me, I have been doing a lot of repenting and confession because of this article. Here is a short, powerful snippet:
"Ultimately, sarcastic put-down humor is self-righteous, a form of self-justification, and that is what the gospel demolishes. When we grasp that we are unworthy sinners saved by infinitely costly grace it destroys both our self-righteousness and our need to ridicule others".
I know, I am disappointed too that the David Crowder Band (Hereafter DC*B) have called it quits. Thankfully, though, they have not stopped making music. Crowder himself believes that he will continue to make music, while most of the DC*B have formed a new group called Digital Age Music (Crowder and Hogan are the only ones not a part of DAM). Here is there first "Rehearsal."
3. The Legacy of Chuck Colson
If you are not aware Chuck Colson passed away this week. Chuck had a very fascinating life as he was part of the Watergate scandal, then God rescued him, and then had a very powerful prison ministry. Here are some good reviews of his life:
Jonathan Dodson has written a very helpful book on discipleship that I would encourage you to get and read! Some of the highlights are the following:
- His dismantling of the present dichotomy between evangelism and discipleship, because we all need to be evangelized. He shows how evangelism and discipleship are the same realities in the life of the Christian.
- His defintion of discipleship as involving a rational (learning), relational, and missional element. (Coincides nicely with know, be, and do.)
- Finally, the book is very readable, practical, and to the point throughout.
- Here is a short video overviewing his book:
Comments for this post have been disabled